Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pinterest Tested, Jackie Approved: Round-Up Edition

Oh Pinterest, how I love thee and the shiny images you put before me. Here's a roundup of recipes I've tried lately thanks to the powerful time suck that is Pinterest.

Photo from Shugary Sweets

Chipotle Inspired Crockpot Barbacoa Beef with Cilantro Lime Rice

Dudes, this was super deelish, super easy, and a super close copy cat for Chipotle.

Photo from Lux Hippie

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Made these bad boys for a secret Santa party with friends and they got gobbled up in double time. No refined sugar, no butter, no eggs, all whole grains, all good.

Photo from Celebrations.com

Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

I make this all the time in a single serving batch for a quick lunch or dinner. I'm not a fan of alfredo, so I'm not sure how close this satisfies the real thing, but it's creamy and light and fills you up. I usually just steam the broccoli to save time, add more broccoli than it calls for to up the veggie count, substitute almond milk for skim milk, and use whole wheat angel hair pasta.


No Cream Penne alla Vodka

Not truly a recipe, but even parts jarred marina + greek yogurt = a great creamy, vodka like pasta sauce without the extra calories and with some extra protein.

Photo from Fit Bottomed Girls

Biggest LoserSweet Potato "Skins"

These are quick, easy and make a surprisingly satisfying meal considering its a swap for a traditional sports bar appetizer. 


And there you have it. I give these my seal of approval. I could add a list here of recipes I tried that failed miserably and resulted in emergency pizza ordering or resigning myself to cheese and crackers for dinner, but I will leave the negativity in my kitchen. Let's just say the recipes above are pretty un-screw-up-able if I'm giving you the green light.


No comments:

Post a Comment