Thursday, August 23, 2012

So You Want to Start Cooking... Six Steps to Save Money, Eat Better, and Set Your Kitchen Up Right

I'm as much of a chef as these guys but I'm happy to help you become a slightly better than average cook.

So maybe all your cooking supplies were your roommate's in college or maybe you mostly just ate frozen meals in grad school or maybe during that first job that paid you with nickels and a smile you ate a lot of take out in an attempt to feel like a sophisticated adult on your own. I get it! And now you want to cook but you have nowhere to start and ingredient lists look daunting, like who owns that much food at one time? Also what the hell is a garlic press? And how many pans is enough pans?

I'm here to help. And we're going to do this over six posts:


  1. Pots, Pans and Utensils
  2. Spices, Condiments, Oils and Other Basics
  3. Stocking Your Pantry
  4. Stocking Your Fridge
  5. Stocking Your Freezer
  6. Random Tips That Changed My Life


I'll be rolling these out over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment