Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinterest Tested, Jackie Approved: Low Calorie Greek Yogurt Balsamic Vinaigrette

It was a long journey to find a great low calorie balsamic vinaigrette recipe. I wanted something with the creaminess of a restaurant style dressing that used only a few ingredients that I mostly kept around the house. So I tried a lot of recipes before I got here, and YOU'RE WELCOME that I'm saving you the trouble of super gross low cal mayo based messes and splenda taste ruining explosions.

Photo is not author's because she made it awhile ago and she's lazy today.


You'll need: 

  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbs dijon/brown mustard
  • 3 tbs 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tbs olive oil
Calories: 64 calories for 2 tbs (recipe makes 8 servings)

Directions? Stir or whisk everything together. Store in fridge. That's it! And don't try to substitute plain yogurt for Greek, it will not end well for you. I speak from experience.

This dressing tastes way more decadent than it's caloric index and is so good on caprese anything I just can't even.

---> Here's the original post from Salad in a Jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment