This is portioned for a few servings of a great healthy snack, but you can double or triple it for a party or to keep around in the fridge for a week. It takes 5 minutes, with 4 steps, uses 5 ingredients and is only 130 calories for the whole bowl.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- about 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
Side notes: Fage is by far the best Greek yogurt out there. I always keep a hunk of real Italian parmesan cheese in the fridge because it lasts a long time and freshly grated has so much more flavor than the green shakey can variety, but if it's what you have around go for it. Cholula hot sauce is the love of my life, but if you're a Tabasco person that's fine, too.
Those Four Easy Steps I Promised:
1) Steam 2 cups of spinach. I do what I call "lazy steaming" where I but the fresh veggies in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle them with just enough water to get some steam, then cover the bowl in a microwave safe plate or paper towel. 2 cups of spinach takes about 2 minutes in the microwave.
2) Add spinach to food processor along with 1/2 clove of garlic and pulse until finely chopped. If you don't have a food processor you can roughly chop the spinach by hand and mince the garlic.
3) Stir chopped spinach, greek yogurt and grated parmesan together.
4) Add hot sauce to taste. I like spice so I was closer to a full tablespoon. Remember, you can always add more but you can't take what you've added away.
Serve cold and enjoy! This is great for carrots, pretzels, Wasa crackers, spooning on top of grilled chicken breasts, you name it.